We respect your privacy
Macsthoughts respects your right to privacy and is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and website visitors. We adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and where relevant by the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (the GDPR). This policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal information.
Our responsibilities as a ‘controller’ under the GDPR
As a controller, Our principles for processing personal information are:
- Fairness and lawfulness. When we process personal data, the individual rights must be protected. All personal data must be collected and processed in a legal and fair manner.
- Restricted to a specific purpose. The personal data of Data Subject must be processed only for specific purposes that we have identified in this policy.
- Transparency and accuracy. You will be informed of how your data is being collected, processed and used. Your personal information be collected in a way that is adequate, relevant, up-to-date and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purpose for which the personal information is processed;
- Security. Your personal data will be processed securely and in a way that protects against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage.
We also apply these principles to the way we collect, store and use the personal information of our Australian customers or clients.
Collection of personal information
Macsthoughts will, from time to time, receive and store personal information you enter onto our website, provided to us directly or given to us in other forms.
You may provide basic information such as your name, phone number, address and email address to enable us to send information, provide updates and process your product order. We may collect additional information at other times, including but not limited to, when you provide feedback, when you provide information about your personal or business affairs, change your content or email preference, respond to surveys and/or promotions, provide financial or credit card information, or communicate with our customer support.
How we collect your personal information
Use of your personal information
Macsthoughts may use personal information collected from you to contact and communicate with you, provide you with information, updates and our services. We may also make you aware of new and additional products, services and opportunities available to you. We may use your personal information to improve our products and services and better understand your needs.
Disclosure of your personal information
Your personal information, including your email address, will be used for the following primary purposes:
- for fulfilling your orders which are placed via our website
- to assist Macsthoughts with our marketing, planning, product development and research requirements.
We will not use or disclose (or permit the use or disclosure of) personal information that could be used to identify an individual member in any circumstances except:
- to ensure the proper functioning of our business and the Website
- to communicate promotional offers and special events to you (if you have opted into this)
- where the law requires us, or authorises us to do so; or
- where you have given consent to us for a prescribed purpose.
We will not sell, distribute, rent, licence, disclose, share or pass your personal information onto any third parties, other than those who are contracted to us to keep the information confidential whether subject to a statute or a scheme which imposes similar restrictions to the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) regarding the handling of personal information.
Security of your personal information
Macsthoughts is committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that all information collected from you is accurate, up to date, complete and stored in a secure environment and accessed only by our authorised personnel. we will endeavour to protect your personal information as best as possible but we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us, or receive from us. The transmission and exchange of information is carried out at your own risk.
Website, cookies and third party sites
When you visit our website
When you come to our website (www.macsthoughts.com) we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our site, etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site, such that we can improve our service.
- Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Site, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies: They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies: These are used to recognise you when you return to our Site. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Third party sites
Our site may from time to time have links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other such websites. We encourage our users to be aware, when they leave our website, to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal identifiable information.
We may use Google Analytics to collect and process data. To find out how Google uses data when you use third party websites or applications, please see www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ or any other URL Google may use from time to time.
- The right to access information: You may request details of the personal information or a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
- The right to correct and delete information: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, you have the ability to request to see this information, rectify it or have it deleted. Please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to correct those information.
- The right to data portability: You may request that we transfer this personal information to another third party.
- The right of objection and restriction: You may choose to object or restrict the collection or use of your personal information. We will let you know how the restriction affects your use of our Site or products and services.
- Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our email database, please send an e-mail to [email protected] with “UNSUBSCRIBE” typed into the subject line of the e-mail or click “unsubscribe” button in our newsletter.
If you wish to access, modify or remove any personal information that you have provided to us, or if you have any complains about how we handle your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer at [email protected] or in writing to Locked Bag 5008, Alexandria, New South Wales, 2015, Australia. We will then look into your complaint and work with you to resolve the matter.
TEXT Marketing & Notification
If you do not wish to be part of our service you can unsubscribe at any time by testing STOP, CANCEL, QUIT, END, or UNSUBSCRIBE to any mobile message received from us. You may get another text message confirming your unsubscribing from our service. You also agree that by sending an email, calling in, or sending any other means of opt out unsubscribe request or using words different than the ones presented above will not be reasonable means to unsubscribe you.
When you opt in for our service you may expect to get occasional texts concerning latest Text Alerts, Surveys, Welcome messages, Customer win-backs, Text Campaigns, Giveaways, Flash Sales, Upsells.
Last update: 1 July 2020